Job ID: 146670
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope , a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The function of the Customer Service Representative is to serve customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, and processing orders. Other functions include serving as an ambassador (customer advocate) between the customer and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products, and services of the organization
- Document customer interactions and transactions
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy and be an advocate for the customer
- Accurately process phoned, faxed, and e-mailed quotes and orders in accordance with cut off times and other time constraints that may exist
- Coordinate between sales and production to meet customer deadlines
- Maintain good communication channels with product and support staff
- Communicate with customers to determine expected delivery date and time.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customer s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution
- Assist sales staff with expediting orders and communications with the production floor
- Answer the telephone in 3 rings or less and direct callers to appropriate departments
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
- Participate in educational opportunities internally and externally to enhance knowledge of product and job skills
- Provide assistance to all co-workers when needed
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
To be considered for a Receptionist position, the following conditions must be met:
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment to meet required deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and conduct oneself professionally, with excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to read and perform mathematical calculations, and write measurements in number fractions at a high school education level
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and specifications
- Computer experience and accuracy in numeric typing
- Previous customer service experience in glass industry preferred
- Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers
- Issued safety equipment
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files and/or boxes, and opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- There are occasional visits to the plant floor, in which case, safety rules related to the plant must be followed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope , a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Associated topics: agent, agente de servicio al cliente, csr, customer service representative, intern, phone, representative, support, telephone, tsr