This is a contractor support role is designed to generate contractor discretionary business in a specific area while providing localized technical support. The CSS will work closely with the contractors, focused on the restoration coatings line, to ensure that Tremco and the contractor are providing the best solutions, the best products and the best installations to our customers.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Ensure safe execution and delivery of all roofing services and operations.
- Provide a variety of technical training sessions in the contractor s office and in the field.
- Provide hands on application training and supervision of roof coatings and installation.
- Perform roof inspections reports with written reports on condition analysis, photo documentation, recommendation and material budget estimates.
- Communicate professionally with our customers, Tremco sales representatives and regional sales managers and corporate staff.
- Complete weekly/monthly reports, sales activities, proposals and purchase orders.
- Travel within the assigned territory, complete expense reports on a timely basis.
- Pre-project field inspections and technical support including but not limited to:
- Peel tests
- Product recommendations
- Proper product installation
- Product diagnostic support to ensure the contractor is kept out of trouble in misuse of products for the situation.
- Provide an on-going sales support, training and development to the contractors, per the direction of the local sales reps.
- Be a direct line of contact to the contractors in the designated area, per the local sales reps, to maintain a good working relationship with the existing contractor base, keeping them informed and trained on Tremco s product line and new products introduced.
- Develop new contractors in the area, per the local sales team, by training on product systems and their usage.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate s degree (AAS), or Trade School Certification, or Bachelor s Degree (BS) preferred.
- 5+ years of roofing sales or technical experience in the commercial market.
- 2+ years of roofing repair, troubleshooting, or field service experience.
- Working knowledge of commercial roofing systems including built-up, modified, single ply, and metal systems.
- Must have a valid drivers license and acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
- Strong roofing or building science mechanical aptitude.
- Prior experience in a field sales and service leadership role.
- Practical computer application literacy (including MicroSoft Office Suite and learn internal business systems).
- In-depth technical understanding and extensive hands-on knowledge of applications of products. Intimate knowledge of product line.
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation.
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Overnight travel of up to 25% to support assigned customer accounts.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: assistance, client, front desk, information technology, information technology analyst, information technology support, service, systems administrator, technical support, technician