Volt Workforce Solutions is currently supporting a client who is committed to helping people live the healthiest lives possible while advancing the ongoing battle against disease and critical health conditions. Combining personalized medical care with a passion for prevention and healthy living, this client provides quality healthcare for large and small businesses and other organizations along with thousands of consumers.
Member Support Specialist
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK:
This position delivers excellent customer service by communicating with members over the phone to provide necessary information and to schedule members clinical visits. Educates members on HC2U Plan Benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers quality customer service by answering incoming phone calls or contacting members by phone to determine/relay appointment times/dates.
- Reviews member eligibility and verifies information to ensure accuracy.
- Triage members to determine if a Telehealth option would be most beneficial.
- Follows site-specific scheduling protocols and keeps protocol documentation up-to-date to ensure compliance.
- Ensures best possible customer service by properly educating the patient on HC2U/HC2U Wellness Benefits and answering questions regarding member clinical visit.
- Update member record in MAP Portal, including any notes necessary for support staff, member, or future reference.
- Follows site-specific protocols and keeps protocol documentation up-to-date to ensure compliance.
- Obtains proper approval for schedule changes or cancellations as appropriate.
*The job description reflects management assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict additional tasks that may be assigned including Data Entry, Chart Audits and various clerical tasks as needed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must possess High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a Certificate of Completion of Medical Assisting Program
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish)
- Minimum of 1 year patient scheduling experience, call center or reception preferred
- Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization as well as with daily support to member needs
- Knowledge and use of Medical Terminology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
- Ability to abide by HIPAA guidelines
- Operating knowledge of personal computers, MS Windows and Office applications (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to interact with members, in a responsible, professional and ethical manner
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment and possess ability to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to obtain and preserve licenses and certifications as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sits, stands, and walks intermittently throughout the day
- Regularly required to talk and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Frequent use of hands to type, write, handle or touch objects or controls
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Office is located on the second floor of building, requires the ability to climb stairs to work area
Associated topics: deskside, desktop, help desk, network, patient, pc, service, support analyst, systems administrator, technical support specialist